Monday, May 9, 2011

First Day at Advent

I finally am home after spending the past 8.5 hours at Advent.  Though they say the strenuous training is yet to begin... I already feel severely inadequate for the job.  I guess if I make it through, it's truly by God's grace alone because it's very clear that this stuff will be over my head.  All the people were really nice though and I'm excited to see what'll happen and if I can survive the next 8 weeks.

The day started off with a bunch of orientation stuff and a tour of the floor.  Then we had a free lunch with a bunch of managers.  The menu was solid and the managers were friendly.  Afterward, we got some down time to familiarize ourselves with our desks and get logged into our computers.  Next was the benefits overview (I'll spare you the exciting details).  However, one cool thing is I can earn money for exercising and trying to be healthy!  That's pretty cool huh?  We ended with a session on training expectations.  Basically, I'll be eating, breathing, and dreaming Advent for the next 8 weeks.

I'll try to post pictures of my desk tomorrow and the building at least.  Will be bringing some pictures of precious people to place on my workstation so that I have nice stuff to look at =).  Really missed people today, especially my students, friends, and wife.  Wonder how CCS went today, hope I can figure out a way to visit with all the craziness of studying.

If you have the time, please pray for me.  I really need it.  Feel free to comment with how your day went, I'd really like to hear.  God has provided and there is much work to be done.  Exciting times ahead for the Woo family... till tomorrow readers!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mr Woo! I hope you are getting used to your new job. Is Mr Carag working there? (I'm not sure how to spell it. My brother told me that he was going to work for Advent.) My dad earned free stuff for exercising and being healthy too! We miss you and we are praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siggy - Yeah, Mr. Carag is working there too. We carpooled together today. I miss you guys too, thanks for praying for me! =) Let me know how I can pray for you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will get through it Mr. Woo! I walked into CCS this morning and it was weird when I walked passed your door and you werent there to say hi. yeah....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mo - I'll definitely miss saying hi to students walking past. Maybe you guys can take a field trip out to my office haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Woo, we all miss you at school and we all hope you can visit. We hope you can come to sign our yearbooks and we would want to sign your! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacqueline - Will try, hope to get messages from all of you too

    ReplyDelete